Friday, November 16, 2012

Introducing, The Dowager Dame, Lady Monroe

Look upon the face of fabulous-ness...
but ignore the con swag...
Coming to you live from the cold and unfeeling wastes known to many as 'New Jersey,' I'm Jacqueline Monroe, and I'm addicted to sewing. It will be by eventual downfall but we all have our shortcomings we must deal with.

I am currently a fashion design student though I hate modern day high fashion. Okay, hate is a strong word, but these outfits that come down the runway every three months are just silly in all the wrong ways. I feel that you can tell more about history from the clothing than what's written in the books. And what will future historians tell about us from the fashions of today? (Well, I can't say as I'm trying to keep this PG. So, I'll leave that for you to answer.)

So, that's why I decided to go back to the good ol' days.

Now, I know what you're all thinking: "Oh, my good-golly-goodness, ANOTHER costume blog?" And I answer with: Yes.

....Seriously, there's no pleads of "BUT I'M DIFFERENT" here. I just like making costumes, but since I'm still getting into the swing of how things are done, I decided to make a blog so others can see the train wreck frame-by-frame.

So, in the words of Some-Famous-Guy-Whose-Dead-Now, "Let's get this side-show on the road!"

Or something like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment