Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Change of Plans.




Now, I've been working on the corset- which is just a bias-taping away from being finished, by the way- I find myself unable to focus on Marceline's 1860's ball gown. Everywhere I looked, another era kept smacking me in the face... with their giant bustles!


Big ol' bustle!

I friggin' love bustles! More specifically, early Bustle Era bustles. I don't know why, they're just awesome! 


I have a mighty WANT. 

And about a year or so ago, I had a great idea for a bustle dress. Using the same pattern and template as the dress I wore to AnimeNext last year. Only, instead of death black on death black on black and white stripes, it was going to me a color scheme of white, purple, and blue.




That's right! In honor of everypony'sbody's favorite fashion designer  I had planned to make an outfit with a purple bustle peaking out from under a white tailed overcoat and a pale blue bustier with shiny rhinestone buttons.

I wanted to make it in time for BronyCon, but alas, it was only one month away and I wasn't feeling like half-assing such an awesome idea and wore the original dress to the convention instead.

And I am glad I made that decision, for now I can make such a dress and make it even better than imagined! It will be worn this June to AnimeNext in place of the ball gown.

Unfortunately, this means I'm putting Marceline's Sort of. I'll still work and report on it, but Rarity's dress will have priority over all else.

Have you ever stopped mid-project to start another? How did both turn out?



No comments:

Post a Comment