Friday, May 17, 2013

American Duchess Tavistock Unboxing and Review.



With the making of a new costume comes the excuse to buy myself things. Well, not that you need an excuse to buy yourself a new pair of shoes. Amiright, ladies? ; )

So, let me just start off this review saying that the customer service over at American Duchess is AMAZING. I had dun goof'd in my ordering of these lovelies and the famous Mr. Chris patiently explained everything to me and helped me sort everything out. Thanks, Mr. Chris! 



Opening the box- and another box! I love this game! 







OoooOOOoOOoOooo....So exciting!


 The boots came with instructions on how to replace the buttons and use a button hook to put them on. 

Also it came with a treat!



Had a fun time taking out the Styrofoam that held the boot's shape. Still a bit left in there.


But it gives me a good excuse to show off that luscious leather interior! 




Putting on these boots called for the use of my 1912-13 button hook! American Duchess sells button hooks as well and I recommend getting one as you won't have a fun time putting on these boots without them.
(Fun fact!: When Tavistocks first became available for purchase, I got so excited that I bought two button hooks. The one shown above and one from 1903. But in my excitement, I failed to realize that it left me no money for the actual boots. Talk about selling your car for gas money...) 





And some pictures of these babies on!

The boots are as beautiful as the picture makes them out to be and I can tell from that real leather smell they give off that these will last me a while(That is, if I care for them properly. Off to buy some shoe polish from the Duchess!) The calf that everyone was worried about fits wonderfully and the elastic gives not only a nice fit, but a nice boost to my range of motion.

I can say that I highly recommend Tavistocks and purchasing anything from American Duchess.

Check out her blog and store!



Also, check out the Dowager Dame Facebook Page! We don't have awesome boots or top-notch customer service, but we are pretty awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I have them too! They're marvelous, but I severely underestimated the time it takes to get in and out of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I know what you mean by that! A good rule of thumb is to give yourself 5-10(maybe even 15) minutes ahead of time to put them on and take them off.

      Delete