Saturday, May 25, 2013

Update on Lady Rarity's Dress. [Image Heavy]



So aside from a small ruffle that needs to be added to the hem(Shhh! Don't tell my teacher, she thinks it's 100% done!), The Lady Rarity Dress is complete. And with a week and a half to spare!

Or rather, a week and a half to freak out and panic because the accessories aren't done.

Yup. That's about right.

Here's the dress on Holly, My Slightly-Bigger-Than-Me-Because-No-One-Wants-To-Make-A-Dress-Form-In-My-Size-So-All-My-Outfits-Look-Too-Small dress form.





Note the stretching and straining here.
It isn't like this when its on me, honest.




Metal buttons. Also from Fabric.com

The collar, cuffs, and bottom of the bodice
are finished with satin ribbon used
as binding tape. 
Going to add some kind of decoration to hide the
awkward seam ends.  


The pattern had options for a center back seam as well, but I
made it on the fold. 


Detail of the ruffles. 
The 'petticoat' shows through. This will be hidden under the
ruffle, but I'm gonna try to shorten it a bit.

The train. I need to re-pouf the bustle. 



And just for fun... 

A picture of it on me. Please excuse the poor quality of the photo.


I am super excited about how this dress came out and I cannot wait to wear it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to run around like a headless chicken trying to get the parasol, purse, and hat done.


And while I'm doing that, why not head over to The Dowager Dame Facebook Page? Drop us a like, comment, whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment