Monday, December 3, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different: 50s Inspired Outfit and Talk About Texas.




Due to a recent and unforeseen draining of the wallet, The ATPP is on hold for the most part until the next paycheck. But for the time being I will be showing off a project that I'm making for class.

Now, I have a habit of using assigned projects as excuses to make super extravagant outfits. This usually results in both a poor grade and a poor quality outfit. But I made a grown up decision and am not making the Marceline gown for class. Instead I'm making a kind of 50s jumper and blouse ensemble.

I'm using Simplicity 3673 and Butterick 5711 in a black corduroy and white, vine-printed calico respectively.

I hope to get this done by the 12th of December as I plan on wearing it to a special event in Texas. No, It's not a costuming event, The Phillip is graduating from Air Force Basic Training!

For those who don't know(which is none of you because, at this point, if you are reading this blog you know me personally) The Phillip is my boyfriend of four years. He went into AFBT in September and after an injury, is finally graduating on the 14th.


There may be small updates on The ATP dresses e.g. Fabric/Patterns arriving, new design idea, new princess, etc., etc.. But for now, 50S DRESS GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment