Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Back From Texas, Back to Work.

I dub thee...The Two Face Dress!

Back from the land of large hats and even larger steaks. I'll post pictures of The Phillip and the various ceremonies soon, once I get permission from him to post his pictures all up in this biz. But, until then I have info on the dress I named The Two Face. Why have I named it so?


You can't see it from the full picture, but because it slipped my mind that corduroy is a two-way fabric, the different halves (quarters, depending on the view) are different shades of black.

Now, the rest of the dress is different from what was shown on the pattern packet.




 The neckline is a lot bigger than what the picture led me to believe. So my cute little Peter Pan collar just looked ridiculous and the dress wasn't as fitted as I thought it would be despite the crazy amount of darting I did. So I ended up looking really...box-y.

How I mark my darts....


Ball-headed pins where the pattern says to make dots.

Flip the fabric over with the pins still in it. 
WARNING: The pins WILL stab you no matter how careful you are!

Using a marking tool, mark the fabric at the base of the pins


Pull the pins out and 'darken' your dots.


Connect said dots! Make sure you do the above steps on a flat surface 
like a table or a floor...or your little sister's science binder....



Pin, then sew on the lines then voilà, she is a-done! I'll have to take it apart and add more darts to fit it better but moving on...


I will be the first to say that I am no good with blouses. I always think I'm doing wonderful as I'm working on in but then I see the finished project and it looks as if I was blindfolded the entire time I was sewing. This blouse is one of my better ones, but it still is with it's flaws.



I must have set the collar wrong because it didn't lay correctly and kept popping, but only on one side...The jumper did a bit to hide it though.


Yea...don't ask because I have no idea...

Gonna try and selvage this one and wear it again, maybe with some era appropriate accessories. Not the blouse though...that thing will just sit in the back of my closet and haunt me for the rest of my days....-shudder shudder-

No comments:

Post a Comment